Growing Avocadoes outdoors.

I started to try and grow avocadoes outdoors a few years ago. I only managed to have some moderate success when i started to grow a mexican type avocado variety called "mexicola".

Mexicola is a variety that is said to have a good cold tolerance up to -7 degree Celsius without damage.

I have one small tree growing outside at my place that has survived 2 winters already and is now still looking quite good. Last winter it pulled through unprotected. The leaves do when spring finally comes look very spent and wasted though, but for now it always grew back.

There is a big difference between a plant being able to grow and survive and it eventually being able to set and ripen fruit. So i don't know if i will ever get avocadoes but the plant is surviving and growing so far. All my earlier attempts before i used mexicola had failed.

This is a picture of my mexicola avocado on the 1st of september this year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monkey puzzle