Tree damage. I have two peach trees that were badly damaged by deer or some other animal. The first one was ring-barked and will surely die, so i cut all the grafting material that i could find in order to save the variety by grafting it again. The second one was destroyed with sure ferocity that i think only a large deer could have done this. One branch the size of my thumb was cracked at a height of 6 feet. This goes to show why i need to protect my trees. I even found a wild tree with a 10 inch diameter trunk that was really badly damaged, so i may have to grow all my trees with permanent protection which really annoys me.

Peach tree destroyed by deer. Unfortunately i forgot to protect this one and for 2 years nothing happened but now it's been killed unless the grafted variety resprouts from the bottom section.


















Second peach tree damaged really badly.
This was a tree that i took out of my polytunnel because it was taking up too much space. I planted it outside to give it a chance and since it is huge i thought: "i don't really need to protect it!"
It's a variety that never really fruited well here, not even in the tunnel. It's called Avalon Pride.




























Substantial branch broken at nearly 6 foot height.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monkey puzzle