Eriobotrya japonica. Japanese medlar is an interesting tree in the rose family that i am growing. I have one larger plant that has survived a lot of hardships and one small seed grown plant that comes from a tree that fruited successfully here in central brittany. These trees grow very well in our climate but hardly ever make fruit. So i was very happy when someone offered me a seedling of their plant that had made fruit in our climate. This tree comes from japan originally and is said to produce tasty fruit. In the climate we live in, this plant unfortunately doesn't seem to manage to fruit well. Having a seedling of a tree that managed to make fruit here makes me hope to maybe get fruit myself one day.



Japanese medlar seedling from a tree that successfully produced fruit in central brittany.


















Tree bought from a nursery that is growing in my place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monkey puzzle