Sorbus domestica. One of my trees, a grafted "Sossenheimer Riese" true sevice tree,  is sick and has been for a while. I don't know what disease it is. It causes the branches and buds to dry off and die. It also leaves black, ugly marks on the bark. I cut off the top of the tree this winter and i put a heavy BRF mulch (bits of branches) around it and i am hoping that it will recover or at least continue to grow. It is very difficult for me to grow any sorbus trees here as they all seem to get diseases. An exception seems to be the service tree ( sorbus torminalis) that is growing fine for now. But rowan (sorbus aucuparia),


sorbus domestica and also different intergeneric sorbus hybrids (sorbomespilus, sorbaronia) all suffer and don't grow well for me.




I don't know what else to do to help the tree. I cut off the upper part and i gave it loads of mulch. I don't think cutting off all the affected parts will solve the problem, so for now i just wait and hope that it will heal itself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monkey puzzle