Adzuki Bean (vigna angularis) A few years ago i bought adzuki bean seeds from a rare plant nursery. They were said in the description to come from the himalayas and to be more cold-hardy and able to grow in europe. I tried growing them twice and never managed to germinate them. Then i found the pack of seeds again while i was looking through my seed box and i thought before throwing them away i'll try and plant them. I had put watermelon seeds to germinate in some wet toilet paper on a plate and i thought i just throw them in there.

I had placed a second plate on top of the first to avoid drying out and after 10 days when i remembered them several adzuki beans had sprouted.

So this is a new crop for me to try and grow. Adzuki beans are very nutritious and have a high protein content. I have to try and look after them well because i have so few plants and i need to renew my seed stock.

Adzuki beans growing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monkey puzzle