Vegetable garden. I finally managed to build a fence around my vegetable garden to keep the deer out. After having had my veggies destroyed several times by deer, us living in the middle of nowhere surrounded by forests and not having a dog, i knew i had to do this. Now the fence is 1.5 meters (5foot) tall and apparently deer can easily jump this i am still hoping that it will discourage them. I had a friend rotovate the soil with a tractor and out lots of farm manure on the beds. Then i covered it with a thick layer of hay thinking of starting a Ruth Stout vegetable patch.

The Ruth Stout method essentially consists of piling a thick layer of hay onto your beds each year and as time goes on you can work the beds with your hands only. The edges will surely need weeding, I think.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monkey puzzle