Vegetable garden. I built a fence around my vegetable garden because we have so many deer here and we don't have a dog. Last year all beans and cabbage plants were eaten by deer. I used a mixture of chestnut poles and metal posts to hold the fence up. The fence is a 1.5 (5foot) meter high sheep fence. Deer can probably jump over this if they really want to but i hope it will discourage them. Someone told me you can also put down the compost from your dry toilet and this will repel dear because they don't like the smell of humans (haven't tried this yet) I am going to use the Ruth Stout method of gardening adding hay mulch to my beds every year. To kickstart things off i had a friend of mine rotovate the soil with his tractor, then i put down a thick layer of farm yard manure and lots of hay on top.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monkey puzzle