Watermelons I had bad luck with my watermelons too this year. I now have only two plants with one fruit each outdoors from about 25 plants that i planted. One variety, Golden midget, where only one seed grew into a plant was put into my polytunnel to increase its chances. That plant has one watermelon that will probably get ripe so i should get seeds of that variety.


Golden midget watermelon in my tunnel starting to turn yellow.


















Of the other 25 watermelons outdoors there was three varieties. Blacktail mountain, sweet siberian and cream of saskatchewan. I didn't label them so i don't know which is which but since they all have different flesh colours (white, red and orange), it should be easy to know what i have at the end. The trouble is will the fruit get ripe seeing that it's the 31st of august and the fruit isn't even full size yet. And more importantly will the seeds be viable? Chances seem slim but if we get a sunny month of september there might still be a chance...























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monkey puzzle