Melons. I had really bad luck with my melons this year. Due to an unfortunate event i lost all my melon seeds. Then i thought to myself oh well it's not that bad since i planted out fifty melon plants. But this year was such a bad year that i am not sure now to harvest any seeds at all. That would mean that four years of working on trying to create a muskmelon landrace here in brittany would be lost. Unless my backup plan of getting seeds from some friends i sent seeds to will work. This will serve as a lesson to me to better store, organise and take care of my seeds. I only have three plants outside now with a slim chance left to produce viable seed. At this stage i am not even thinking of tasty fruit anymore. Just of viable seeds to be able to continue. I also have one plant in the polytunnel but it also has a tiny melon and it's already the last day of august.


Two of my best outdoor plants with a small makeshift plastic tunnel to help mature the fruit.


The two melons that haven't even reached full size yet.



Another outdoor plant with two mid-sized fruits. Should i take one off and only leave one?



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monkey puzzle